It’s always difficult walking up to a vending machine. You’re staring at the front of packages that all look so inviting, which is where the trouble starts. If you’ve ever thought with your stomach and not your head, you may know what it’s like to have the item drop, then realize it’s not for you. It’s the back of the package you need.
Staring down the machine, other choices seemed plausible, but I settled on Wheat Thins cause they seemed the safest bet…and thankfully they were. Not only that, but they are even on PETA’s Accidentally Vegan list! The Original, Multi-Grain, and Reduced Fat varieties are all on the list.
With 220 calories in 1 package (49g), with 12%DV Fat, 15% DV Sodium, and 12% DV Dietary Fiber, they aren’t the perfect snack, but when your stomach is yelling at you and you can’t get away, this is one of the best choices you can make. Since these are lightly sweetened, they’re still satifying, plus they aren’t messy or greasy like other snack food items.
If you’re watching your waistline, Men’s Health magazine encourages you to be mindful of your snacking…no matter what you’re munching on. This means Wheat Thins too. Healthier than some alternatives, though they may be, too much of a good thing is still bad.
Other typical veding machine that are accidentally vegan:
- Cracker Jacks
- Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Entenmann’s Fudge Delights Fudge & Mint Cookies
- Famous Amos Sandwich Cookies (Chocolate, Vanilla, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Macaroon)
- Fritos (Barbecue, Original)
- Goldenberg’s Peanut Chews (Original)
- Grandma’s Peanut Butter Sandwich Cremes
- Lance Sugar Wafers (Strawberry Creme)
- Lance Sugar Wafers (Vanilla Creme)
- Lay’s Potato Chips (Plain)
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars (Apple Crisp, Peanut Butter, Maple Brown Sugar)
- Ritz Regular Crackers
- Ritz Whole Wheat Crackers
- Ruffles Potato Chips (All Dressed, BBQ, Plain)