Now that the Cinnamon Snail has rolled into NYC (so sorry Hoboken), they’re showing the Big Apple how outrageously good vegan food and pastries can be.
Let me establish, this isn’t the place you eat at constantly…and thankfully they’re not close by me everyday. It’s more like religiously; you pick a day and go kneel at their alter. Spreading the love is the way they prefer it as they noted in a recent interview with Red Radio. Areas like Midtown West are underserved. They like to get around the city and serve those areas where veg food is typically scarce.
Enough of the backstory, let’s get down to brass tacks. I’ve been eating my way through their dessert case. I’m not touching the Vendy award winning Creme Brulee Donut. It wasn’t really memorable for me. I may try it again just to be sure, but the top three carved a little piece in my heart…and are reminding me I need to get to the gym before they leave their mark on my thighs as well.
- 1st place – Peanut Butter Cheesecake: Its a really good balance of chocolate with PB. The textures really great; the donut is fluffy and the center is creamy.
- 2nd place – Hulk Hogan Transvestite Fudgey Wudgie: A chocoholics creamy dream.
- 3rd place – Raspberry Cheesecake: I don’t search for things with raspberry in them, so I’m not sure why I went for this. Same as with the PB, the donut was fluffy and the center creamy, but it had a deliciously tart sweetness.
- 4th place – Cherry Chocolate Brownie: Brownie good. Cherry good. Chocolate glaze good.The parts were greater than the whole. Still fluffy but my socks stayed on.
- 5th place – Smores: Great in theory. It was tasty but a little dry.