Nira Paliwoda and Sarah Gross, the brains behind USVegCorp and the NYC Vegetarian Food Festival back in April, are doing it again. Yes, another NYCVFF in 2012, but first the Green Holiday Festival next month, Dec 11.
It’ll be $20 per person for the day long event focused on green, eco-conscious gifting for the upcoming holidays…maybe even a few for yourself. If these events are anything like the first, they’ll be fun, tasty, and informative.
The ladies can’t do it alone, though. Volunteers are needed. If you’re in NYC, the next meeting will be this upcoming Monday (11/14) again at JivamukTea Cafe neat 14th St/Union Square at 7:00PM. At 841 Broadway, just take the elevator or stairs to the second floor. At the front desk, go towards the little merchandise area then take a right into the cafe.
Posters were available for distribution. I took a stack and after the meeting, immediately went a few blocks over to Stogo, Viva Herbal Natural Pizza, and Alabaster Bookshop to ask them to hang the posters. Cross your fingers.
- A tip if you’re going to be distributing posters: take tape and thumbtacks. Sometimes you just have to leave it because employees will have to ask for permission later on but if they’re will to hang it on the spot, don’t make them use their resources.
MORE DETAILS FROM USVegCorp:
- For volunteering the day-of the festival, December 11, message USVegCorp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Distributing posters
- Seeking Graphics experts
- Seeking photographers and videographers for the day of the event.
- Go to all events-, food-, and NYC-area websites to post info about the event on calendars, message boards, blogs, etc. (Great way to get involved even if you can’t make the meetings!)
- Encourage your friends in the press or with blogs to write this festival up! (Great way to get involved even if you can’t make the meetings!)
- masseuses and masseurs
- greenhouse potted plant donation for the day
- henna artists
- reflexology experts
- Restaurants to register for the festival
- Advertisers for the festival program ($150-600 http://usvegcorp.com/forms/holiday-festival.php)