The D.C. VegFest begins in t-minus 24 hours. Get yourself pumped with pre-game ritual: check your equipment.
- Reusable bag. Plastic bags multiply…then get tossed. They’re an extra cost to the vendors and they kill the environment; nix the waste.
- Reusable water bottle. The event is on a college campus, so there will hopefully be a water fountain to fill up at. Keep yourself hydrated and energized through all the day’s events. Drink up.
- Card and cash. Some vendors only take cash (I learned that the hard way at the NYCVFF).
- Umbrella. Come prepared cause the festivities are outdoors and the weather’s been wonky on the east coast.
- Kicks. Preferably ones you don’t mind getting wet. You’ll be walking around, possibly on grass…and possibly on wet grass.
- SPF. You can get burned when there’s clouds in the sky (trust me, I know). If the sun shows itself, don’t let it get you down.
- Camera. If your phone has a camera, awesome. If you gotta go old school, nothin’ wrong with that.
- Pen and paper. You never know when you’ll need to jot down a website to check out later.
- Skip breakfast. Plan on a very light breakfast, maybe just a little OJ to jumpstart. There will most likely be plenty to sample and some goods eats to purchase. VegNews Managing Editor, Elizabeth Castoria, is spot on advise on money sucks to avoid. The VegFest isn’t one of them; this is once a year, so let yourself splurge.
- Early Bird. First 500 peeps to visit their information booth will get a free goodie bag…which I’m really ambivalent to mention cause I totally want one too!
- UPDATE! Cell Phone. Text “DCVF” to 55678 to register for a chances to win and event updates and reminders throughout the day.
I’ll see you on the field. Break!